Work with Us
Position: Company Manager
Dates: April 2 – August 3, 2018
As a key member of the Tantrum team, the Company Manager oversees and supports all aspects of visiting artists’ residencies and other guests of the theatre as well as assists the Producing Director on projects that further the operations of the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Actively support a positive quality of life of all members of the company.
- Keep informed of Theatre’s personnel policies; proper medical/emergency information and procedures; and union rules governing housing, transportation and scheduling.
- Be available and on call as scheduled for issues and/or emergencies that may arise.
- Prepare and mail advance information concerning the theatre, its housing accommodations, and pertinent travel information to guest artists as required.
- Provide and, when necessary, accompany guest artists for shopping and other errands as required.
- Make all air and ground travel arrangements for all guest artists.
- Assign housing and transportation, long or short-term, for guest artists and apprentices, within theatre’s contractual obligations.
- Resolving housing and transportation issues and needs as identified by company members
- Distribute apartment keys and maintain their inventory.
- Plan and execute fieldtrips, celebrations, and events that enhance the company’s experience in residence.
- Coordinate catering for tech weekends, opening night gatherings, meetings and photo calls when needed.
- Maintain a regular presence in order to be accessible for all company artists.
- Schedule maintenance and cleaning for company housing; launder linens as needed; manage payment requests; and create and/or monitor rental and conduct agreements for all company housing and vehicles
- Schedule maintenance and cleaning for company vehicles.
- Track and report expenses related to company management functions and maintain accurate records.
- Provide support for Tantrum Theater staff events and other departmental events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, and give great attention to detail.
- Exceptional people skills and ability to communicate comfortably with a wide variety of personalities.
- Possess a working knowledge of AEA housing requirements
- Professional demeanor including ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Highly organized, detail oriented, problem solving individual
- Very strong computer skills and knowledge using primarily MS Outlook, Word and Excel are a necessity; some desktop publishing skills a plus.
- One to two years of theatre or related arts company management experience desired.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven company management experience.
- Must be a strong, team-spirited self-starter.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Experience in the hospitality industry.
Days, nights and weekends as required, including but not limited to all technical and dress rehearsals. Hours required as dictated by performance schedule and needs communicated by the Production Manager and as needed during the run of shows.
This job requires high standards and a strong sense of responsibility. You should possess the ability to operate well under pressure, with a positive and dedicated problem-solving attitude. We value safe, positive, productive, and team- oriented employees.
The ability to climb ladders, use hand tools and lift and carry 25 lbs. is required.
- Assistant Company manager
- Company Assistant
- Childcare and /or wranglers (if needed)
Dates: April 2 – Aug 3 2018
$800 per week, plus housing